The Google Suite programs, formerly known as Google Apps, and now called Workspace, are a powerful set of instant messaging and collaboration tools that meet business needs, increase productivity, and reduce costs. All Google Suite programs are hosted on Google’s highly secure and available infrastructure that requires no hardware or software.
Benefits of Google Suite Programs
The benefits of the Google Suite programs include:
- Access data from anywhere and on any computing platform.
- 30 GB of inbox storage per user with powerful search or unlimited space.
- Simple and fast messaging, and collaboration tools.
- No data loss, even if the laptop breaks down or is stolen.
The benefits of Google Suite programs for IT users include:
- No hardware or software to install or maintain.
- Very low fixed costs per user.
- Simple application that users are already familiar with, and requires minimal training.
- Savings in license, hardware, and data center costs.
- Open platform for integration.
The commercial benefits of Google Suite programs include:
- Reduce costs.
- Improve employee productivity, and streamline decision making.
- More flexibility to implement changes and innovations faster, and keep working.
- Attractive IT environment for the new generation of employees.
Google Suite Programs: What Products Are Included?
The Google Suite programs provide a workspace that allows work teams to meet, edit documents, and exchange emails from a single collaborative platform. It integrates tools such as Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive, and Google Chat, among others.
- Gmail for business.
- Google Calendar.
- Google Drive.
- Google Docs.
- Google Hangouts.
- Google Vault.
- Google Sites.
Gmail for Business
Having your own domain can positively affect how your clients or audience perceive you as a professional. That is why it is so important to have a custom domain for your business.
✓ Simple email, easy to use, and intuitive
As we said, Gmail is one of the most used email platforms. So, if your work account isn’t a Gmail one, but you’re thinking about switching to it, this might be a good option.
✓ Customizable profile
Another aspect related to professional email is the possibility of personalization. It is important that the members of your team have the professional signature of your company. With Gmail, you can choose to add it without any problem. Plus, the look of its interface is fully customizable, so you can add your logo to your inbox and match your company colors.
✓ Gmail account setup
You may also be very interested in the configuration options of the business Gmail account. If you or your team members are out of the office for a few days, you can set up an automatic reply to all messages received during that time.
Google Suite Programs: Google Calendar
This calendar is ideal for scheduling meetings and communicating with people in different parts of the world, allowing you to schedule remote meetings via video link and coordinate multiple calendars to keep track of various events for your business partners, and clients.
Time management tools come in handy when you need to simplify your schedule. Its interface is characterized for being very easy to use, making it perfect for those who don’t need many customization options.
When you save an event to the calendar, the calendar sends a notification a few minutes before as a reminder of each scheduled event. Google Calendar helps you prioritize each activity, and create and share events with your team to coordinate meetings.
Google Drive is a platform that can be accessed through a Gmail account. The service includes providing access to the cloud, where all files can be remotely stored, managed, backed up, and browsed from many devices.
Without ignoring the fact that multiple people can work on the same file in real time. Drive offers a free initial storage space of 15 GB, but you can increase this by signing up for various company-managed plans.
Google has even developed a useful business strategy called G Suite to make running your business easier and more convenient.
You can enjoy premium services with unlimited storage, online editing of Office files, advanced security controls, and advanced audit reports. With Google Drive, you can:
- Manage your business from anywhere in the world.
- Always stay connected, and update information in real time.
- Save time at work.
- Better manage the work of trading partners.
- Save space in the office.
- Reduce the costs of your company.
- Increase the productivity of work groups.
Google Suite Programs: Google Docs
Google Docs is a tool that allows you to create and edit documents online that can be accessed from a computer or device connected to the Internet. With this word processor, users can write documents and articles that are stored in the cloud.
To use Google Docs, the user must have Internet access and a Gmail account (Google’s email service). From there, they can use the tool for free. Documents created in Google Docs can be emailed, downloaded to a computer, or shared online with others to edit or suggest changes.
Some key features of Google Docs include:
- It has a word processor for writing and editing documents.
- It’s part of Google Tools, which also includes Google Sheets, Google Forms, Google Slides, and more.
- Requires a Gmail account and an Internet connection to use (although it allows you to work offline).
- It can be used from a computer or an electronic device such as a mobile phone or a tablet, through a browser or application.
- This is a free service and does not require the installation of any special software.
- All created documents are automatically saved to Google Drive (Google’s online hosting service) and can be downloaded to your computer or device.
- Saves a lot of space on the computer since it does not store information in the computer’s memory.
- Allow one or more users to work on a single document.
- It is automatically updated frequently to improve functionality.
Meet is a messaging service, so its main purpose is real-time chat between two or more people. Similar to services like Telegram or WhatsApp. The service can currently be accessed through a Gmail account or the Meet App.
The app, which initially was called Hangouts, allowed video calls for 10 people, and was later expanded to 25 people in 2016 with built-in support from Google Chrome. It also integrates with Google Voice.
Among other things, the app lets you send and receive SMS from Android 4.4; supports sending pictures, gifs, or locations, and lets you call other Meet users for free, including international calls.
It works similar to Apple’s iMessage, which also integrates with SMS and lets you use FaceTime to call users from other brands for free.
Google Vault is an auditing tool that is part of the G Suite package and allows you to preserve, retain, search, and export data to meet your organization’s eDiscovery and archiving needs.
This tool will be your ally if you are the administrator of the Google accounts in your company, since it allows you to have control of all kinds of information generated by each user.
Vault will be your key piece in internal audits and also in cases where reports on activity and actions by users are needed.
It is also possible to access searches, messages, and history of file exports, among other issues, which will allow company documents to always be under control.
The goal of Google Sites is for anyone to create a website that allows them to share information with a small group of people, an entire organization, or the world. It is excellent for creating intranets and more.
One of the innovative tools of Google Sites is the creation of an intranet, which is nothing more than a communication network within an organization. All the members of the company can communicate with it for a better performance of their functions and processes.
This can cause problems if organizations do not have enough funds to invest in them. The solution to this lack of financial, and time investment is to create an intranet using Google’s website applications.
You can find more information about these programs as well as more Google products on our site MecanicaDiesel.